Choosing the right roofing system for your home or business is critical. The roof is one of the most essential structural components of any building, and it needs to be able to withstand the test of time and the elements. There are many different types of roofing systems on the market, and each has advantages and disadvantages. It’s important to do your research and consult with a professional roofing contractor in Pittsburgh before making a final decision.
At Steadfast Roofing, we have experience installing all types of roofing systems. We will help you make the best decision for your specific needs and budget. If you are in the market for a new roof, here are some of the most common types of roofs in Pittsburgh:
Asphalt Shingle roofing in Pittsburgh, PA.
Asphalt shingles are one of the market’s most popular types of roofing systems in Pittsburgh, PA. They are made from a fiberglass mat coated with asphalt and then covered with ceramic granules. Asphalt shingles are durable, affordable, and easy to install. They come in various colors and styles, so you can find an option that will complement your home or business.
However, asphalt shingle roofs are susceptible to wind damage and may not last as long as some of the other options on this list. They also require more maintenance than some of the different types of roofs.
Metal roofing in Pittsburgh, PA.
Metal roofs are becoming more popular in Pittsburgh, PA, due to their durability and energy efficiency. Metal roofs are made from steel, aluminum, or copper and can last up to 50 years with proper maintenance. They are also fire resistant and can reflect heat away from your home or business, which can help you save on cooling costs in the summer months.
However, metal roofs can be expensive and are not always the best option for homes or businesses in snowy climates. Snow can accumulate on metal roofs and cause serious damage.
Slate roofing in Pittsburgh, PA.
Slate roofs are made from natural stone and can last up to 100 years with proper maintenance. These roofs are very durable and fire-resistant materials and can reflect heat away from your home or business.
Like metal roofs, slate roofs can be expensive, and they are not always the best option for homes or businesses in snowy climates. Snow can accumulate on slate roofs and cause serious damage.
Asphalt shingle roofing in Pittsburgh, PA.
Asphalt shingle roofs are the most common type of roof in Pittsburgh, PA. They are made from asphalt-coated paper or fiberglass and can last up to 20 years with proper maintenance. Asphalt shingles are less expensive than metal or slate roofs and easy to install. There are several types of asphalt shingle roofing materials including:
- 3-tab asphalt shingles – These are the most common and least expensive type of asphalt shingle. They are made of two layers of asphalt with a layer of fiberglass or paper. The tabs on the shingles give them their name and provide a decorative element to the roof.
- Architectural asphalt shingles – These are also known as laminated or dimensional shingles. They are made of two or more layers of asphalt with a layer of fiberglass or paper in between. The multiple layers give architectural shingles added dimension and texture, making them more aesthetically pleasing than 3-tab shingles.
- Luxury asphalt shingles – Luxury asphalt shingles are the most expensive type of asphalt shingle. They are made of multiple layers of asphalt with a layer of fiberglass or paper in between. The extra layers make luxury asphalt shingles more durable and longer lasting than other types of asphalt shingles.
Tile roofing in Pittsburgh, PA.
Tile roofs are made of ceramic or concrete tiles and can last up to 50 years with proper maintenance. These roofs are more expensive than asphalt shingle roofs, but they are also more durable and aesthetically pleasing. There are several types of tile roofing materials including:
- Clay tiles – Clay tiles are made of fired clay and come in various colors. They are the most expensive type of tile roofing but are also the most durable, fire resistant, and energy efficient.
- Concrete tiles – Concrete tiles are made of Portland cement, sand, and water. They are less expensive than clay tiles but are not as durable or fire-resistant.
Slate roofing in Pittsburgh, PA.
Slate roofs are made of natural stone and are one of the most durable roofing materials. They are also one of the most expensive, making them a popular choice for high-end homes and commercial buildings. Slate roofs can last for centuries with proper maintenance, making them a sound investment for any property owner.
A reliable roofer in Pittsburgh, PA.
Finding a professional roofer in Pittsburgh, PA, that you can trust to do a good job is important. There are many roofing companies out there, but not all of them are created equal. At Steadfast Roofing, we are proud to be a trusted name in the roofing industry, and we always put our customers first. Call us today for quality roofing in Pittsburgh, PA.